Friday, September 9, 2011

Pre-Departure Post

Two weeks prior to departure: I am completely moved out of my apartment in Olympia. I packed everything I own (not a whole lot, actaully) into the car and drove straight south for 11 hours to Davis, California. I am staying with my sister for what I had hoped would be a nice break. But, alas, sisters never fail to stress each other out. This, too, will be a challenge. This, too, shall pass.
Check list for the next 2 weeks:
1. Inventory medications
2. Inventory toiletries (all liquids less than 3oz!)
3. Make a copy of passport, visas, and itinerary.
4. Print plane and train tickets.
5. Contact guesthouse and Yogi to confirm booked dates and inquire about water quality. (Do I need to invest in a water pump?)
6. Choose and confirm a work-exchange in Yunnan China (www.helpx.net, www.workaway.info, www.couchsurfing.org, others.)
7. Contact travel agent in India about a flight to Kunming, China.
8. Prioritize clothing and books.
9. Re-pack my pack.
10. Finalize budget
11. Pre-departure blog post CHECK

No comments:

Post a Comment